terça-feira, abril 17, 2007

The Real Balkan Mesto!

8h30 and i had arrived in the Belgrade. The train station lucked a little bit strange but quite ok. So first thing to do ... wait. I had to make some time before calling the girls that would host me. Therefore, i changed some money grabbed the map and follow the lines until the center. It was not so easy. First going up to the long streets with the heavy back bag made the things worst. After some minutes walking i just found closed shops, fast food shops and some building falling apart as the result of the nice NATO attack.
But i was not so wrong as i understood from a girl I just needed to go straight and i will find the TRG REPUBLIK. Well I really found it. Actually with the hours that i spent walking around the city while the serbian girl insisted to not pick up the phone, I think even had time to come to lj and return. So 4pm and i was without place to sleep due to a last minute advertisement record. After going to the ungrounded touristic office i decided to go to the youth hostels organisation to look for some extra help. And I found it! Not even just help but also a lot of extra legs pain and warm ears. The slovene guy that had lived in bosnia and now in serbia, that i called "the water fall" instead ın taking me to the hostel and listening hım all the way. My legs could not handle more but after the check in he insisted in take a small coffee that became a long journey through the places that i had already visited. My legs were screaming and the waterfall couldn't`t stop the exhausting guide tour and not even to calm down the velocity. He was really nice and helpfully but a bit to much for me!
The Hostel was a small flat that two guys decided to transform in a hostel. Small but was ok. So after a shower and a small rest i went to take a night walk with a german guy and talk about the Tutsi girls=P During the sleep preparations i realize that a Italian girl would go to sofia in the same day as me so in the next morning we join to see the city. Was a small journey because she had some problems and had to return to the hostel.
Belgrade is again full of life and a nightmare to the women self confidence! The serbian women are the example of feminine power. the called "hot girls" , perhaps sometimes too much, but still. Is pleasant to look straight and not to the floor while waking on the streets. However belgrade is not just women. Actually is more much more than that. Is a city, again full of life and with really good green places. Some avenues full of terraces and people, during the day and during the night. The better place was the Citadel where you can lay down on the grass and take some sun or go to the walls of this hold fortification and take a look over the Danube and the Sava Rivers.
Walking through the streets you find a lot of commerce. some legal another not so much. Close to the Green Market, you find a lot of extra clothes, creams, Chiclets, batteries, more clothes as also life gypsy music=) You can really feel that you are in the balkans!
The last day was the Tito`s day! So after packing my stuffs i took the bus and went to see Tito. I was not sure of the meeting point so i decided to ask for a girl where was the Flowers House. What can I say?I know that the serbians are good and blond but than they cannot communicate in english but not even where is Tito! Opinions. What can I do?
So i the brown skin and clever girl decided to go out of the 41 and ask for Tito. And I found it! There he was in a peaceful garden with a history museum just beside.
( Sorry but these are the only pictures from belgrade. When I was coping for a cd I replace them for others:P I'm really Smart:P)

With a hello good bye to Tito I could now continue my trip and take the train to Sofia.
Belgrade, I have to return for the famous night life;)

Sem comentários: